(Brought to you by Stephen Shade the Eagle Scout)
Are you thinking about living off the grid and haven’t decided yet if it is worth looking into? Although it is not easy to become completely independent and live 100% off the grid, it is something that all of us should work towards. Here are some reasons why:
- Become more self-sufficient
- Achieve independence from the world
- Be more environmentally conscience
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Escape from urban threats and troubles
- Gain confidence by being the master of your own destiny
- Gain respect for things by understanding where things came from
- Escape the stresses of modern life by enjoying a simpler lifestyle
- Become healthier by eating home grown produce and livestock
- Be debt free and escape the rat race
- Acquire the piece of mind that comes from not depending on the world to survive
- Provide opportunities for your children to learn the benefit of hard work
- Create a closer family by working together
- Know that you will survive if your country suffers a hardship or attack
If everyone was more independent, then…
- as a country would be more stable
- the cost of utilities would go down
- the cost of food would go down
- there would be less pollution
- we would all be happier and healthier, reducing cost of healthcare
- the world would be a better place (seriously it would)
With all kidding aside, if you can master living off the grid, then you will no longer need money to buy food, clothing, or pay for utilities. You won’t be forced to work the 9 to 5 job. You will be able to spend more time with your family. You will no longer depend on money to get the things you need to meet your basic needs.
Even if you can’t live completely off the grid, each little change you make will reduce your dependence on society and your need for money. This means that you will have the means to do the things you want. Implementing the small things will help you get out of debt and save for the future.
The lifestyle associated with living off the grid will prepare you for natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and other hardships. It will teach your family where everything comes from, and they will have more respect for modern conveniences. This lifestyle will provide you with time with your family to do projects that you can eat, feel, and use. A life off the grid is something everyone should aspire to.
Please leave me a comment and tell me, why you want to live off the grid?